Videcon Ltd - GDPR and Data Protection Compliance Statement
This document sets out how we protect the Personal Data (as defined below) that we process when we supply goods/services to our customers. This document also sets out the standards we expect from our suppliers who may also access Personal Data. "Personal Data" has the meaning as set out in the Legislation but put simply, it means any data that identifies a person (e.g. name, address, email address, mobile number).
We take the privacy of the Personal Data which we handle very seriously.
1. Videcon Limited ('Videcon', 'we', 'our' or 'us') are a 'Data Processor' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') (as applicable the "Legislation"). We will take all appropriate steps to ensure compliance with the Legislation.
2. We only process the Personal Data which we need in order to provide our services. Details of the types of Personal Data which we and our Suppliers process are set out in Appendix A.
3. We only sub-contract our services to third party suppliers who contract in writing with us and agree to be bound by the terms of this statement. (In providing our services our suppliers are also 'Data Processors' as defined in the Legislation.)
4. In the provision of our services we process Personal Data on behalf of our customers and/or their clients who are the 'Data Controllers' (as defined by the Legislation). We will only process Personal Data as stipulated in any agreement with our customers or further to our customers' written instructions. Our suppliers only process Personal Data in accordance with our written instructions.
5. We keep all Personal Data confidential and secure and we have incorporated the necessary technical and organisational measures to safeguard any Personal Data processed by us, in accordance with the Legislation which for information includes the use of secure passwords, user access controls, encryption, technical security such as firewalls and physical security including alarms, secure locks and specific entry passes for authorised individuals. However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any Personal Data that is transferred from you or to you (further to your instructions) via the internet.
6. We will report any breaches or potential breaches to our customers and ICO as soon as we become aware of them (in any event within 72 hours of knowledge of breach) and we will provide sufficient information as is required for our customers to decide on how to handle the breach and to report such a breach to the relevant supervisory authority, if necessary. If our Customer so requests we will ensure that any further processing ceases.
7. We record the processing activities undertaken on behalf of our customers and provide our customers or their authorised representatives with access to the relevant records and premises on reasonable notice, during office hours for the purpose of carrying out an audit to ensure compliance with the Legislation in the supply of the agreed services.
8. We will promptly inform our customers of any request made by a regulator or data subject and we will comply with such requests subject to the prior written approval of our customer (unless we are legally prevented from obtaining such approval) and the payment of our reasonable costs in so doing.
9. We may send Personal Data to our suppliers in order to provide the services to the Customer. If we need to send any Personal Data to any other third party then we will obtain our customer's prior written consent before doing so, unless we are required by law to take such an action, in which case we will promptly inform our customer as soon as we are permitted to do so.
10. We take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability and integrity of our employees or representatives who may have access to any Personal Data which they process on our behalf and we require such employees and representatives to undergo a reasonable level of training regarding the handling of Personal Data, appropriate to the type of Personal Data being processed and set out in our company handbook our employees obligations regarding confidentiality and the processing of Personal Data. We will also procure that our suppliers take the same steps in relation to their employees or representatives.
11. Retention Periods: We store Personal Data on secure servers for differing periods depending on the type of Personal Data and in particular as follows:
- Customer contact data for 6 years from the date on which you cease to be a customer of ours
- Supplier contact data for 6 years from the end of our commercial relationship OR until the customer or supplier asks us to return or destroy it
- Personal Data supplied by a customer on behalf of its client(s) in relation to the provision of services until:
- The services have been provided or in accordance with any contract for the supply of services; or
- the customer or the data subject asks us to destroy it
In each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period. We carry out regular audits of any Personal Data we hold to ensure as far as possible that we do not hold any Personal Data that is no longer required.
12. We will only send Personal Data outside the EEA where this is required as part of the services and we have entered into a legal agreement with such supplier (who is outside the EEA) in accordance with the Legislation. We will only do this where our customers expressly require us to do so and have confirmed this in writing.
13. Any questions about this statement or how we handle your Personal Data should be addressed to our registered office or via email to GDPR@videcon.co.uk
Changes to this Compliance Statement
We may change this statement from time to time to comply with the Legislation. In this event we will contact you in writing to provide you with updated details.
For and on behalf of Videcon LIMITED
PART 1 - TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA
Customer, web users and supplier business contact details including names, email, postal addresses and telephone numbers.
We do not process any sensitive (special category) Personal Data.
Our Suppliers will handle Customer and user contact details including email and postal addresses, telephone numbers for purposes of service delivery, directly supplied orders and billing/invoicing.
PART 2 – PROCESSING ACTIVITIES THAT WE UNDERTAKE IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA
We process Personal Data to:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- provide the services requested;
- let you know about any changes to our products or services or about other products or services that may be of interest to you
- detect and prevent fraud;
- notify you of any changes specific to your contract or any general updates regarding our business or changes in our processes or any legislation that may affect our services; and
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Videcon Ltd
Unit 1 Concept Bus. Park
Smithies Lane, Heckmondwike
WF16 0PN .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
||The association with your shopping cart.
||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
||Your preferred currency
||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
||Stores the Customer Segment ID
||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
||You sesssion ID on the server.
||Allows guests to edit their orders.
||The last category you visited.
||The most recent product you have viewed.
||Indicates whether a new message has been received.
||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
||Information on what polls you have voted on.
||The items that you have recently compared.
||Information on products you have emailed to friends.
||The store view or language you have selected.
||The products that you have recently viewed.
||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
||The number of items in your Wishlist.