Architectural and Engineering specification
Redvision VOLANT™ IP Precision PTZ camera range; including:
RVOU10012: VOLANT™ 1080p HD 30x Zoom with Wiper
RVOU10013: VOLANT™ 1080p HD 30x Zoom with Wiper and LED Illumination
And custom Colour variants
1. The camera shall be manufactured by Redvision CCTV Ltd.; United Kingdom.
2.0 General Functionality:
1. The camera shall be of rugged design, and provide full PTZ functionality by remote control via IP Networks. A built-in web server shall offer full configuration, live stream viewing, and control of the camera.
2. The camera shall offer Wiper functionality as standard, and optional functions such as: Wash relay control, infra-red and white lights and alarm functionality.
3. Lighting should provide effective illumination to a distance of 150m minimum.
4. The camera shall provide continuous, 360° rotation in both the Pan and Tilt axis; with ultra-high accuracy of 0.01°, at a maximum speed of 360°/s for both Pan and Tilt axes. This shall be achieved through the use of Direct-Drive, Brushless Motor technology.
5. The camera shall offer high-definition 1080p resolution, ultra-low-light performance as standard.
6. The camera shall provide multi-streaming, up to 3 streams; offering a choice of H.264, MPEG-4 and MJPEG formats.
7. The camera shall be ONVIF Profile S 2.4 compliant and certified.
8. The manufacturer should offer a proprietary SDK to allow full integration of the camera into 3rd party products.
9. The camera shall be supported by a variety of mounting options; including Pedestal; wall, corner, Swan-neck and pole-mount.
10. The camera should be capable of being installed in the upright or hanging positions, with no loss of PTZ functionality.
3.0 Optics and Imaging:
1. The camera housing shall use a flat, optically-correct, toughened glass window for optimum image clarity.
2. The camera shall use a 30x optical zoom lens assembly; providing a focal length range of 4.3mm to 129mm.
3. The camera shall use 1/2.8” 2.13MP Sony STARVIS technology as standard.
4. The camera shall offer streaming at frame rates up to 60fps.
5. The camera shall provide a 12x Digital zoom option.
6. Low-light performance shall offer:
i. Colour operation to 0.0013 Lux
ii. Monochrome operation to 0.0008 Lux
7. The field of view for the camera should be:
i. 63.7° wide angle
ii. 2.3° telephoto view
4.0 Movement and Positioning:
1. The camera shall be capable of panning and tilting continuously through 360°, at a maximum speed of 360°/second. The camera shall be capable of Absolute Positioning control, also compatible with relative and continuous movement control systems.
2. The camera shall use an ultra-high-accuracy, Direct-Drive Brushless Motor system, providing accuracy to 0.01°, with no backlash or friction.
3. The camera shall be silent in operation, even at a distance of 30cm, and operating at full speed in both axes.
4. The camera shall use Intelligent Positioning technology, so that the camera always returns to the same point, even when physically forced out of position.
5. The camera shall be designed for continual operation via manual or automatic (Tour) control. An auto-Restore function shall return the camera to Tour mode after a pre-determined time to ensure coverage of key areas is maintained. 10 programmable Tours should be available.
1. The camera must be capable of operating fully in both upright and hanging orientations.
2. The camera shall be rated as IK10 for impact resistance.
3. The camera shall employ a weather-resistant coating, using Anodised, marine-protected finish, available in a wide range of RAL colours.
4. The camera shall have been tested to IP68/ BS EN60529 rating.
5. The camera shall offer a 3-stage paint system, powder-coated to required RAL colour, and be tested to EN60068-2-52. The camera shall also be available as an enhanced, X-Marine-Grade product, with additional paint protection for coastal and harsh environments.
6. A deep sun/rain visor shall be provided as option. The camera shall be capable of operating continuously to 60°C, and withstand wind speeds up to 70mph for controlled operation, and 100mph static.
7. The camera shall weigh no more than 7.5Kg, with illuminator fitted.
8. Camera brackets should offer a standard 4” PCD mount for greater mounting compatibility.
9. An integral safety lanyard shall be provided for additional protection.
10. Cable connections shall be via a single, composite cable assembly; providing both data and power connections.
1. The camera shall offer a choice of:
i. No lighting
ii. IR & White Light
2. The lighting beam and intensity shall be automatically adjusted according to the Zoom lens position, offering optimal lighting for any field of view.
3. The camera should be able to switch to a particular lighting mode automatically and manually via user intervention, via the use of preset shortcut controls.
4. The lighting should be capable of operating to 150m minimum.
5. The camera shall offer a Dark Zone setting, to prevent unwanted intrusion by white lights for a specific area.
6. The camera should provide an on-screen text display to notify the user that white lights are currently enabled.
7.0 Auxiliary and Alarm functions:
1. The camera should offer an optional alarm interface, up to 8 wired alarm channels should be available.
2. The camera should be capable of moving to a stored preset position upon alarm activation.
3. An on-screen text display should be available to notify the user of any currently active alarm channels.
4. Alarm events should be transmitted via ONVIF to a remote recording platform, indicating relevant alarm channel.
5. Auxiliary alarm outputs should be available, to provide a hard-wired alarm notification via an alarm pair.
6. A wiper mechanism shall be offered as standard, the wiper must be of ultra-low maintenance design; utilising a long-life Silicone blade, which can wipe safely even in dry conditions.
7. A timed intermittent wiper function shall be provided, to allow a preset interval between wipe cycles. A wiper timeout must be provided to prevent continual, unwanted wiper operation.
8. A controllable auxiliary relay shall provide a wash motor control output.
9. Both wash and wipe functions should be controlled via the built-in web interface, via ONVIF, SDK, or by preset shortcut control, as defined by the user.
8.0 Compliance and Warranty:
1. The camera shall comply with ROHS and CE standards, and tested to:
i. EMC: EN50130-4, EN55022 (Class B)
ii. Shock Resistance: EN60068-2-27
iii. Vibration Resistance: EN60068-2-6
iv. Impact Resistance: EN62262 -IK10
2. A 2-year warranty shall be offered, covering bodywork. weatherproof seals, imaging, electronics and mechanical parts; with an option to extend to 5 years cover.