ARCHITECT & ENGINEER SPECIFICATIONS
VXHAHDM-4 Four Channel Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
A: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The Digital Video Recorder (DVR) shall be a networkable, hard disk drive storage, recording and retrieval system, providing user-friendly local and PC-based operating interfaces.
- The (DVR) shall have 4 channels of high quality recording in the H.264 compression format.
- The Internal Hard Disk Drive(s) (HDD) shall provide high quality, continuous digital recording, with an option to record up to 1200FPS and allows for real-time recording.
- The DVR shall support system resolutions of 1080p, 720p, 960H, D1, 2CIF and CIF
- The DVR shall be capable of dynamically changing the recording resolution, quality, and recording rate (frame rate) on motion detection, panic trigger or by a schedule.
- Remote operators shall be able to utilise low bit rate H.264 compression technology to view images across a LAN or over the Internet by using an Internet web browser (Remote Client Web Viewer), iPims VMS software or through the ‘Concept Pro Viewer’ app for iOS and Android devices. The unit shall also support a DDNS service to allow remote access over the Internet without the need for a static IP address at the installation site unit and secure P2P connectivity via QR code scan through the mobile app.
- The DVR shall provide remote notification of alarms and events via email. There shall be support for pre-alarm recording to ensure sufficient images are captured before the incident occurs.
- The unit shall also support USB archiving to allow footage to be transferred to USB storage devices.
- The DVR shall digitally watermark all recorded images, to help identify and prevent any tampering.
- The DVR shall provide playback software archived with images along with the required IMM-4 codec for Windows Media Player playback.
- The DVR shall provide time zone selection and support Daylight Saving Time (DST). The unit shall also provide the option for Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server synchronization.
- The DVR shall incorporate a live snapshot facility for each camera display. PTZ control, zoom, panic record and playback. This shall be by means of mouse control.
- The DVR shall incorporate a user selectable multi-language menu structure including: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese (S), Chinese (T) and Korean.
B: CAMERA REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall provide composite BNC inputs for up to 4 colour or monochrome cameras.
- The DVR shall provide a user-programmable 16-character camera title for each camera, which will be optionally displayed on-screen; this shall be programmable via the OSD menus and with the Remote Client Web Viewer.
- The DVR shall provide the option to view all or selected cameras, without affecting camera recording.
- The unit shall have network connection controlled brightness, contrast, tint and colour adjustment for each camera.
- The unit shall include ‘Coaxitron’ protocol for recommended Pan/Tilt/Zoom dome cameras.
- The unit shall provide on-screen indication on the main monitor if power or video capability is lost from any or all cameras.
C: RECORDING REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall have the capability to simultaneously: record images, archive background images, allow multiple user network viewing and playback with no loss of record performance.
- The DVR shall support four modes of operation; these shall be; Continuous, Motion and Panic record. The record rates shall be configurable for each mode of operation.
- The DVR shall provide the option to record at the following frame rate: 25, 13, 7, 3, 2, or 1fps. This shall be individually selectable across all channels.
- The DVR shall contain the following internal hard drive capacities: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB and 6TB internal hard disk drives to record. The unit shall record to the internal hard disk drives on a first in, first out sequence.
D: MONITOR REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall provide the option of using a VGA or HDMI connection for the main monitor. The unit shall provide a composite video BNC connector for the spot monitor.
- All set-up and playback facilities shall be provided through the main monitor output.
E: COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall have a standard 10/100/1000Mbps Base-T Ethernet connection.
- The DVR shall support remote network access to allow live and recorded viewing, remote configuration or adjustment to settings. This shall be achieved on a networked PC running the iPims video management software or using a web-viewer over a standard Internet browser.
- The DVR shall support usage of external Dynamic Domain Name Server (DDNS). This will allow remote access to the DVR and eliminate the requirement for a static IP address to be assigne. In addition, the DVR shall allow a remote connection by means of utilising the unit’s MAC address via the proprietary DVRLINK.NET domain name service. The DDNS host name can be changed to anything as long as not currently in use.
- The DVR shall offer an onboard QR code to allow for automatic connectivity to the ‘Concept Pro Viewer’ iOS and Android application via the Sequrinet P2P connection service.
- Monitoring and control shall be achieved over Ethernet via the 10/100/1000Mbps BaseT network port where supported protocols include TCP/IP.
- The DVR shall support STATIC or DHCP IP assignment.
F: TELEMETRY REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall support the Coaxitron third party protocol for the control of PTZ / Dome cameras. The third party protocols shall be for serial devices and shall include.
- Control of these devices shall be available locally using the mouse / on-screen controls or across the network using the iPIMs VMS, Web Browser or ‘Concept Pro Viewer App’ and remote control
- The unit shall provide the ability to configure the PTZ / Dome camera menus using integrated commands.
G: AUDIO REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall support bi-directional audio through 4 audio inputs and 1 audio output; these shall be line-level and unbalanced.
- The DVR shall support simultaneous audio recording and playback in real time. Each audio channel shall be capable of being independently assigned to each channel.
- Audio shall be controllable over the network using the Remote Client Web Viewer, iPims VMS and Concept Pro Viewer app to establish a bi-directional audio link.
- The DVR shall support the monitoring of live and recorded audio via a TCP connection in-line with the video being monitored.
H: VIDEO MOTION DETECTION REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall support the facility to enable video motion detection on any video input.
- The DVR shall provide a 22 x 18 masking grid for basic activity detection on each camera view.
- The DVR shall support a number of actions that can be automatically triggered on notification of video motion detection, they shall include: creating an entry in the unit database, changing the record rate or resolution, activate a programmable output, transmit an e-mail, trigger full-screen pop-up on the main monitor and on the main monitor, Remote Client Web Viewer and iPims VMS platform as well as activate the system buzzer.
- The DVR shall also have the ability to display the detection area being triggered
I: SEARCH AND PLAYBACK REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall offer on screen VCR-style keys through USB mouse control for: One button touch instant playback, fast forward (and frame advance), fast rewind (and frame rewind) and pause keys.
- The DVR shall have varying speeds of playback both forward and rewind, these shall be: 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x & 64x.
- The DVR shall provide the option of searching for event via the following methods: Review a single camera over a period of 24, 12, 8 or 4 hours in a multi screen format and instant playback. Motion search, Pano/Thumb Nail search, frame by frame & event log which can be programmed by event type, time and date and/or camera number, calendar / time-line.
- The DVR shall allow audio playback in full screen mode associated with any single video input.
J: ARCHIVING REQUIREMENTS:
- The unit shall provide a mechanism to archive selected video images, alarm and event log.
- The DVR shall provide a USB connection to allow recorded images to be archived to a USB memory stick or hard drive for the archiving of footage.
- The DVR shall continue to record to internal hard drives while archiving.
- The DVR shall generate a digital watermark of images archived to the CD / DVD, USB or over Ethernet.
- The DVR Backup Player software shall be automatically saved along with the archived images to be replayed from any PC running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10 (32bit & 64bit). The IMM-4 codec shall also be saved with the archived images, once installed this shall allow the playback of footage using Windows Media Player if selected.
K: EMAIL NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR shall support automatic e-mail upon an event-taking place. The unit shall be capable of notification of the following events on a camera-by-camera basis: Alarm, motion detection and / or camera fail, setup change, hard drive event and system event.
L: ELECTRICAL / MECHANICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The Video input connections shall be via a BNC type connector.
- The Monitor outputs shall be via the following: Main composite monitor shall be a VGA and HDMI Connection. All main monitor outputs shall allow simultaneous viewing. The single spot monitor output shall be via BNC connector.
- The DVR shall have four alarm inputs, two alarm inputs & 1 RS485 + and -. These shall be by means of screw terminal connectors.
- There shall be a RJ45 connector with connection activity LED’s for Ethernet network connection, this shall be located on the rear of the unit.
- There shall be 2 USB connection ports on the front of the unit.
- The DVR shall have an input voltage of 12VDC 2 Amp, 100~240VAC, 50-60Hz.
- The power consumption of the VXH shall be approximately 13W (without Hard Drive).
- The DVR dimensions shall be 256mm (W) x 173mm (D) x 44mm (H).
- The DVR shall weigh approximately 1.4kg.
M: ENVIROMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The DVR operational temperature shall range from 0°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F.
- The unit shall be operational in a relative humidity range of 10 to 90%, non-condensing.
N: The DVR should be a VXHAHDM-4